Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sick (Mental Health Day)

I didn't get to bed until midnight, still buzzing from the time I had at the restaurant -- being shown how to stoke a wood-burning brick pizza oven was fantastic, watching these people I was working and chilling with all afternoon make world-class pies before my eyes, damn cool. Woke up feeling not so hot in the middle of the night, revenge of the sausages perhaps? After 6 months in c-school, this may be my first gastric disturbance of note, which is a pretty good record.

When my alarm went off at 6am, I thought of the moussilines we were to make today (fish sausage, a moussier texture to ground meat, yuck) and the drama of Dora the Explorer freaking out on Chef Al because, well, because she's as utterly lost today as she was the first week of class, and knowing that I was allowed one more absence to graduate with honors, I knew the couch was the place for me today.

BREAKFAST: 9:30am, organic cheerios with good milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 11am, flax-sesame tortilla chips, .5 bowls, hunger 4/5
A random purchase from WF, surprisingly tasty despite being 'healthy'.

LUNCH: 1pm, falafel sandwich, spinach pie, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Healthy comfort food.

PM SNACK: 1:45pm, cherry Italian ice, .25 bowl

PM WATERING: 4pm, 1 quart

DINNER: 8:30pm, spoonful of peanutbutter, good yogurt with honey, cashews, vanilla, 1 bowl,hunger 4/5
Not much to eat in the house. Breakfast for dinner!

No comments: