Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend Report (Too Much)

Upon reflection of last night's pizza marathon and Saturday's wedding and Thursday's little anniversary picnic, I must say that I lucked out with B. She's like salt -- she just makes life a little bit more lifelike, in a good way. (And she raises my blood pressure, too!) At the pizza parties, while I'm toiling away in the kitchen, she's making everyone just love being here and being around her. At the wedding, she makes a structurally stressful event a breeze. And when I make an effort to get all romantical on her on our anniversary, she makes me feel like I just set a Guinness Record for greatest guy alive.

Went to the movies on Sunday afternoon with D & Cousin I. Waiting on line for a cherry slurpy, and while I waited noticed they had posted in a tiny font the calorie values of every item on the menu. I was intending to get a medium slurpee: 700 calories!!! A small, 550!! 700 is like 1/3 of what I need a day, and I wasn't planning to skip a meal to fit this crap in....and I wasn't even that hungry anyway, just thirsty....

SATURDAY
BREAKFAST: 8am, 1 banana, 2 ramekins of almond ice cream, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Remembering how much I hate wedding food, gorged on ice cream to damp my appetite -- just too tired & lazy to cook or prepare anything. No left over pizza from last night, which sucks but in the scheme of things is a good thing, right?
AM SNACK: 9:45am, chocolate chip cookie, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
On a sugar kick, feeling a bit on edge about spending the day at a wedding.

LUNCH: 12pm, Italian antipasto, weird industrial Chinese food, seltzer, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Wedding reception food, funny how weddings serve an all-you-can-eat buffet BEFORE you sit down for a meal.

LUNCH 2: 2pm, filet mignon with brown sauce, potatoes and cooked veg, vegetarian ravioli, small amount of chocolate, bite of wedding cake, water, 1 bowl, hunger 3/5
Filet mignon sounds fancy, and it is tender, but it just doesn't taste like much. Funny how I noticed when B's chicken came out, the presentation was upside down, with the sauce away from her and the bone pointing towards her.

DINNER: 8pm, sausage and polenta, .5 bowl, hunger 3/5
School-made outta the freezer -- freezer fishing is a lot more fun since going to c-school.

SUNDAY
BREAKFAST: 8:30am, good granola with good milk, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 10:30am, almond ice cream, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

BRUNCH: 12:30pm, dim sum, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 7:30pm, homemade pizza, seltzer, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: